Thursday 18 July 2013

So many possibilities

It could be that I’m scared to get back into the novel. Novels take over your life. You live your life through the novel and it’s hard to find the energy for anything else.
    On the other hand, time could be the problem. Take today for instance. Frog wasn’t working so we had a leisurely start and then I walked the dog. When I got back it was lunchtime and then after lunch we went to Sainsbury’s. When we got back from Sainsbury’s (in 30 degree heat) I had to lie down for half an hour to recover and now it’s 4.30 pm.
    But, then, time is always a problem for me. Or perhaps the problem isn’t really time, but allowing myself to do what I want rather than what I ought. ‘Do what you want to do,’ says Frog, ‘and fit everything else in around that – or not.’ That’s a scary thought!
    Another thought - perhaps it’s time to put this novel aside. I started it two and a half years ago and according to Lee Weatherly in How to write a blockbuster you shouldn’t spend more than two years on any particular project as you’re growing and changing all the time. (Hence my need perhaps to start this new blog after two and a half years with the old one.)
    Of perhaps novels just aren’t my genre.
    So many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment