Friday 19 July 2013

Blogging about blogging

A pottery day today – the first time I’ve drawn breath since we got back from holiday eleven days ago.
    In the afternoon I strip off and lie in the garden in the sun. I soak up the heat and the ultra-violet rays as if they were liquid and I was parched blotting paper. I love sunbathing. My mind starts to fall into that delicious waking dream state until Frog comes outside and says something to me and it starts whirring again.
    I begin to panic. I am bereft of writing ideas. I have to start a project - either old novel or a new novel or something else. I can't just blog about blogging. I've started this new blog and if I can't keep it up I'll look like a fool. (This of course is the purpose of the new blog.)
    I write a short post about the day. I'm not happy with it and as the day wears on the panic gets worse so in the evening I do a Lightning Process* and feel better. I remember the Human Development course Frog and I did back in the summer of 1978 before we got married and that the lesson of the crown chakra** is that inspiration and creativity are always there. In bed before I fall asleep, I get the idea for this extension to the post.
    I wake at 1.30am and the post extension is still buzzing round my head so - in line with my new attempts at spontaneity - I decide to get up.
   In the darkness as I climb the short flight of steps from the bedroom to my workroom the lights of the router on the shelf beside my desk stare down at me like the eyes of a wild animal.
    As I type up the post, I realise that I'm writing while on line, directly into the blog, instead of in Word first and then transferring it as I usually do. Is this significant?

An exercise for interrupting thought patterns and replacing them with better ones
**  For more about chakras see my old blog

No comments:

Post a Comment