Saturday 9 November 2013

Not the only one


Well, after I wrote the last post (about the goblin on my back), my back started to feel better. I then however came down with a two-day migraine, the result I think of getting in such a tizz about my back.

Today I’ve surfaced, although I still feel achy in all sorts of places and not a little wobbly.

I’m right in the middle of the book at the moment and I think it’s that taking things out of me. The good news though is that I feel completely involved in it – committed and bound up in all the emotions I’m writing about.

I had a long talk with Frog this morning about the plot and he made all sorts of suggestions. It’s so helpful to have a sounding board. Not to say editor, technical adviser and all-round encourager. As the writer Marian Keyes says of her husband, ‘On bad days he even has to wash and dress me.’

So I’m not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment