Tuesday 5 November 2013

Help!


My shoulder is still very painful. It’s about ten days now since it started. I’m doing everything I can to help it get better but it’s not shifting.

I’m managing to write a few hours a day and I’m managing the basics – washing, dressing, cooking, dogwalking. But the rest of my life has gone, which is very depressing.

It helped to make the connection with what I’m writing about, but I think I felt that once I’d made the connection the pain should have gone. And it ain’t.

Help!

(This is another of those posts that I wonder if I should be publishing. But, if this is to be an honest account of my writerly life, I suppose it has to include the bad as well as the good.) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda, I had a lot of neck and shoulder pain last winter and got the doctor to refer me to the physiotherapist who gave me some exercises which helped a huge amount. Hope you can sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina - thanks for that. I shall resort to the doctor/physiotherapist if it goes on much longer! Hope you're OK now.

    ReplyDelete