Monday 7 October 2013

Neck and neck


I had another migraine on Saturday, and then last night - thinking I was better - I had a glass of wine. I obviously wasn’t as I feel slightly yukky again this morning.

I’m writing the novel in order – among other things – to cure my troubles, including maybe my migraines. My heroine has migraines too. I know what happens to her in the first three-quarters of the book and I know what happens in the end but I don’t know how she gets from one to the other. I don’t know how she resolves her problems, makes that leap into the future. Maybe her leap is mine.

The question is though, will I get to the end of the book before the migraines finish me off? It’s neck and neck at the moment (neck, I've just realised, being the operative word, in that neck pain is part of migraine).



While on the subject of necks, here is my new chair in situ, together with a new screen position and a new desk height. Normally I hate change in my writing-room when I’m in the middle of a project – it upsets my equilibrium. But this time I’m pleased. The new chair is wondrously comfortable - but I must remember not to wrap my legs around its legs, as I did with my old chair, as that upsets the whole posture.

And I should have said that the old kneeling chair was doctored several times by Frog. He’s mended the legs, replaced the foam at least once and re-covered it one and a half times. What it is to have a practical person around, even if the house and garden do look like a reclamation yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment