Monday 21 October 2013

Castles in the air


You’ll not be surprised to hear, after yesterday’s post, that I ground to a halt today. I have to write an almost new scene but I couldn’t summon up enough emotional intensity. In other words, I didn’t care.

I’ve been going at a great lick since the YouWriteOn reviews a month or so ago and I’ve been neglecting my Daily Pages and my Artist’s Dates. Now I’m paying the price.

I didn’t panic and I didn’t beat myself up. Instead of chewing the end of my pencil, I caught up with lots of little jobs about the house, and tomorrow I might go for a wander round Exeter.

After all, the whole point of writing is to learn how to live better. And if I don’t finish The Novel before I die, so what?

I feel a lot happier.

Castles in the air - valley mist obscuring the bottom of the hill and making it look as if the top of the hill is floating

2 comments:

  1. ......the whole point of writing is to learn how to live better....Thank you that really helps me to take the angst/pressure out of writing when I forget that it's the living and not the writing of it that really matters! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My big problem too, as you might have gathered! Great to hear from you as always. x

    ReplyDelete