Monday 23 September 2013

It's all about confidence


Well, I’ve got my YouWriteOn ratings now. My overall score – from five reviewers and one person who read the book extract just because they wanted to – is 4 stars out of 5. I’m really chuffed.

Breaking the scores down by category, my highest marks are for setting. Next highest are dialogue and character. And lowest is plot – which I already knew was my weak point.

What’s great though is that, as a result of the detailed criticisms in the reviews, I now know what’s wrong with the plot and have more idea what to do to put it right.

I never expected to get such a high score, and it’s fired me with new enthusiasm for The Novel and new confidence.

And writing is so much easier when you feel confident.

Thank you YouWriteOn and your diligent reviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment