Wednesday 18 September 2013

Bad habits


Next week I intend to get back to novel-writing. Ever since I stopped two or three weeks ago, my life has gone haywire. I’ve not slept properly, I’ve had a migraine and I’ve been permanently disgruntled.

I’ve done four reviews now for YouWriteOn so that’s my job done. I’ve received three, so have at least one more to come. (I’m not sure whether or not the first review is gratis.) However, because all three reviews say much the same thing, I think I’ve got enough to go on, even without the final review/s and the scores (which I can see after I've had four reviews).

And I must stop writing things in brackets (as one of the reviewers pointed out).

(And the really weird thing about YouWriteOn is that at least half of the participants are male - two of my reviewers so far out of three, and two out of four of the authors I've reviewed - as far as I can tell that is - whereas whenever I've been to writing workshops women predominate.)

(And I really must stop using dashes too.)

(And starting sentences with 'and'.)

(And using meaningless words like 'really'.)

3 comments:

  1. Me too, Belinda - getting back to the novel-writing I mean (and autumn is always good for this kind of thing and just to say that I love brackets too - so much can happen in parentheses).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signs - good to hear from you too - and I'm so glad you don't think brackets are wholly bad (they are so useful)

    ReplyDelete