Friday 13 December 2013

The sensible thing to do


On Wednesday I joined YouWriteOn again in the hope that the reviews will get me out of the impasse. I received the first review today. Not enough plot, it said. And I know they’re right. It’s why I’ve ground to a halt halfway through. I’m not sure I can face rejigging the whole thing again though. I may just abandon this novel and start another.

Sometimes I even wonder whether I should give up this whole writing lark. I’ve been struggling for so long and I realised this morning that I have a recurring dream. I’m in a job and I don’t know what the hell I’m doing and no one is helping me and I have to pretend to be busy and I feel like a fraud all the time . . .

But if I do consider giving up writing my life has no point any more. ‘You’ll find something else,’ says Frog.

I will wait for more reviews however before making any decisions. That at least is the sensible thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment