Wednesday 28 August 2013

Input not output


I’ve done no daily pages, novel-writing or blogging for nearly a week. Instead we’ve been enjoying the delightful company of a soon-to-be-six-year-old great-niece and her mother.

Climbing a fallen tree

In a strop
 
Flying

Over-excited Dog

It takes me a long time to process new experiences these days, especially happy ones. I turn them over and over in my mind as if extracting every last morsel of nourishment from them. So it’s input rather than output for the moment. In other words, I’m easing myself gently back into writing. (Not to mention the fact that I over-indulged in wine, chocolate, grapes and biscuits last night as my way of releasing tension, having been on my best behaviour for four days (sort of), and am feeling slightly worse for wear today.)


Many thanks to Rachel for the photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment